Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Check Your Storm Shutter Hardware

We are now in the peak of Hurricane season, and we just missed a close one. Being a "true" native Floridian, I begin preparing before the season starts. However, being a new homeowner as well, there's one thing I forgot to check on this year that would've cost me valuable time had I not thought about it a few days ago. I remembered just in time to check all of the storm shutter bolts, anchors, rubber washers, and keyhole washers. Man, was I glad I did.

I've included a photo of stripped out bolts I found in the shutter anchors. I also found a few missing shutter anchors as well as two that slipped out of the wall.



Check this right now!

You can find all of the shutter hardware at Lowes or Home Depot. Also, when you're checking the storm shutter hardware, apply a little white lithium grease to the bolts so they don't bind-up inside the shutter anchor.

Get yourself prepared and be safe!

James Helms

3 comments:

  1. Hi all,

    Nice post! Hurricane Depot has the largest selection of hurricane shutter panels, the panel tracks and hardware available to the lowest guaranteed prices. Hurricane shutter's panels are easy to be installed, and you will assist with the measuring. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurricane shutters are the most important protection for your home. There are several different hurricane window shutter styles available and it's a good idea to check out the varieties and purchase them well in advance to ensure safety during stormy weather. Thanks a lot.
    Hurricane Panels Miami Dade

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are licensed and insured for both residential and commercial hurricane shutter markets at pandmsiding.net.

    Storm Shutters West Palm Beach

    ReplyDelete